Kinds of hosting services
A hosting solution involves stashing and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server managed by a web hosting provider. There are different forms of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's have a glimpse at these. Doing so, you can elect what you need, based on whether you wish to build a weblog, mail aliases, or to share files with mates and partners.
- File hosting: a service made available by particular providers, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage solutions frequently include adverts beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given spell of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a totally erroneous interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would assign the tasks at hand between individual sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web hosting services (mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific vendors provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting brand is appropriate if you would like to share a huge quantity of images with pals or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will receive a random link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your e-mail aliases. Some vendors provide site hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an email solution. If you want to create an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can set up mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have trouble with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will permit you to operate as many video files as you wish without worrying about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to have a web site. To a certain extent, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting forms since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and electronic mail accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Papua Web Hosting, for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that enable you to get all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the routine email/file/video/image hosting plans that are purposed for specific web content only.